As most of you know if you follow me on the gram I am very lactose-intolerant to say the least. One time, a restaurant didn’t realize butter was dairy– maybe, it’s a carb? 😉 hehe get it? — but they cooked my chicken in it and HHAAAAA BYE FELICIAAAAAA, ’twas very bad. But, as a side note, one of my friends enlightened me on the fact that greek yogurt is often tolerated by lactose intolerant people so I tried it the other night and I WAS FINE!!! ALL HAIL.
Back to the point of this email– DAIRY/GLUTEN FREE PROTEIN PANCAKES as easy as can be and super delicious, not to mention picture worthy 😉
everyone is always making tall stacks of mini pancakes but what's wrong with short stacks of pancakes as big as your plate? NOTHING THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL TOO OK like look at him in all his glory 🤗 . recipe~> 1 scoop vegan @nowfoodsofficial protein, 2 tb @nowfoodsofficial gluten free baking flour and 2 tb of their gluten free brownie mix LOL yes. 1/4 c egg whites, 1/2 c almond milk ~~ topped with cashew butter .. NEW BLOG POST IS UP CHECK IT OUTTTTT: #youmakeyou in action!
I’ve spent quite some time perfecting this recipe mostly because 1. who wants a crappy protein pancake? and 2. I kind of am obsessed with them…
Me to my roommate post spin sprawled on the floor: “I’m going to shower, and then make pancakes!”
Roommate with a large smile: “WOW! You like pancakes?! I didn’t know that!”
Sarcasm, if you’re wondering. I’ve made them everyday since we’ve moved in BUT in all fairness they are healthy and I am not allowed to cook where I am living next semester so I am getting my share in now!
ALL YOU NEED:
- 1 scoop plant based protein (note: I have yet to try whey but it should work– let me know in the comments if you try)
- 1.5 TB coconut flour*
- 2 TB oat flour*
- 1 egg white
- 1/3 c almond milk + a bit of water POSSIBLY
- pinch of salt
- OPTIONAL: add ins of choice
* NOTE: you can sub the 2 flours for 1/4 c gluten free flour blend.
- Mix all dry ingredients well in a bowl.
- Add egg white and almond milk and combine. If your batter is too thick, add water until it is the consistency of normal pancake batter. Like so..
- If desired, stir in add ins like berries, cinnamon, chocolate, etc.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and cook your pancakes, flipping once when about half the pancake has been cooked through.
- Top with nut butter (gbutter is my favorite of all time and the macros are AMAZING! You can use YOUMAKEYOU for a discount and free shipping), fruit,GREEK YOGURT 😉 anything you desire, and enjoy!
If you make these, let me know what you think!
& always remember: YOU MAKE YOU